Organized by: Reed Tüyap Exhibitions
IVD Market Representation: Scherago International
Where Central Asia Healthcare Connects
From a marketing standpoint, Central Eurasia is the region consisting of 39 countries surrounding Turkey in a radius of about 1000 miles (1600 km). Within this region is a population of 814 million.
According to the World Bank, total healthcare expenditure is $440 billion and increasing at a rate of 2.5% per year. The fastest growing countries are Iran, Turkey and Russia having a combined average growth of 13.2%. North Africa is the slowest growing area, with a decrease of -3%.
Turkey occupies one of the most strategic geopolitical locations in the world. For that reason, it has served as the trading gateway between Europe and Asia for thousands of years. To consolidate its position as the commercial epicenter of Central Eurasia, Turkey is constructing one of the world’s largest airports, 10,000 km of high-speed rail line, 37,000 km of new roads and, in Istanbul, one the most advanced metro systems.
According the Bloomberg News, Turkey has one of the fastest growing economies in the world with an annual GDP of 4.8% and is the fastest growing country among OECD members which include USA, Canada and Europe.
Further validation of Turkey as the gateway to Central Eurasia is the fact that the World Bank Private Sector Arm established its first operations center outside of Washington DC in Istanbul.
Medical personnel are well educated and the leading medical institutions demand the latest in advanced medical devices. An additional validation of Turkey’s centric position in the region is the fact that medical tourists reached 414,000 foreign patients in 2014.
Turkish healthcare Industry is approximately $60 billion and will grow 5.6% CAGR through 2017 (100,000 new hospital beds). By 2023 the healthcare industry is expected to reach $160 billion. The per capita health spending is currently $1,144 and is targeted to reach $2,000 by 2023, at a CAGR of more than 7% . Furthermore, 85% of medical devices used in Turkey are imported.
Annual Medical Device Imports: Selected Central Eurasia Countries
|Source: MUSIAD the Independent Industrialists' & Businessmen's Assoc. Healthcare Report|
Medical personnel are well educated and the leading medical institutions demand the latest in advanced medical devices. This has resulted in a burgeoning healthcare tourist growth which has reached 325,000 foreign patients in 2014.
According to the US Department of Commerce, of the nine fastest device growth categories, three are IVD related.
- Advanced pre-screening, imaging and diagnostics devices (partially IVD)
- Advanced point-of-care devices
- Advanced surgical devices using robotics technology
- Cancer treatment devices
- Clinical chemistry and laboratory devices and reagents
- E-health and M-health systems
- Implants used in orthopedics and trauma
- Remote patient monitoring devices
- Telemedicine systems
Tuyap is the largest trade show organizer in Turkey and recently merged with Reed Expositions to form Reed Tuyap.
expoMED Eurasia is the largest medical event in the Central Eurasia region occupying 32,000 m2 of exhibit space with 850 companies from 42 countries. Total professional visitors were 35,832 including 6,104, from over 90 countries. International visitors increased 53% over 2017.
The Top 10 Visiting Countries are: Libya, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Georgia, China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt.
Visitor group employers included: medical equipment company/distributor/agents, pharmaseutical companies, medical associations, clinics, governments, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, and medical care centers.
Reed Tuyap has developed an extensive package, free of charge to international exhibitors.
Before the show:
- Your company name and logo appear on a dedicated international participants page on the show web site and also on the show’s mobile application.
- Your press release appears on the show’s web site.
- An e-newsletter on international exhibitors is sent to all pre-registered visitors and hosted buyers.
- Your product information is published on the event’s LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
- For booth over 30 m2, you also receive a web banner on the show’s web site.
During the show
- Exhibitor badges for your stand personnel and complimentary Wi-Fi during the show.
- Included on the International Exhibitor show signage throughout the fair.
- Access to Tuyap Palas hotel at the Reed Tuyap corporate hotel rates.
- Country name included on the booth fascia.
- For booths over 20 m2, your logo and stand number published on information screens throughout the venue.
- For stands over 40 m2, a full page advertisement in the show catalog.
You can also participate in the exhibitor-visitor matchmaking program, free of charge. Your stand personnel will receive an invitation to all networking events taking place during the exhibition.